FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Find answers to your questions
What is the School Calendar?
The School Calender is based on 4 Terms and these follow the dates set by the NSW Education Department. The published dates for 2020 are listed below.
What are the Schools opening hours?
Are all lessons private?
Yes, Imperial Artistry is committed to 1 on 1 teaching and individual attention is a core principle. However, there are specific circumstances where a ‘class’ is of greater benefit than a private lesson. The following Courses involve class lessons:
What makes Imperial Artistry different from other Schools?
Will I have the same teacher for every lesson?
We encourage students to experience different teachers from the School. It's only by doing so that you can find the right teacher for you - one you connect with.
What do the yearly tuition fees cover?
There's actually a lot that goes into delivering a lesson. Some things are obvious like the teachers salary while some are perhaps less obvious - like the costs of running the School. Here is a brief list of some of the things your fees are used for:
- Time spent with the student.
- Time spent in preparation for lessons (for every hour lesson, teachers invest at least 2 hours).
School Services & Infrastructure
- Website, computer software, photocopying, catering, and refreshments for students.
School Facility & Utilities
- Building lease/rental, furniture, electricity, internet and telecommunications fees, and sound equipment.
- Teaching supplies, purchase of books, journals, and CD’s etc
- Purchase, maintenance, and repairs.
- Government Certification costs, administration, and support staff.
What musical instruments does the School teach?
Imperial Artistry provides professional lessons for the following:
How do I know if a teacher is right for me?
The best thing to do when looking for a Music School and teacher is to shop around.
Each is different and not necessarily the right fit for every student. It’s important to find a School and teacher that stimulates your desire to learn, who gets you and has the necessary knowledge and skills you need.
When considering a potential music teacher, we recommend you explore the following:
- Their teaching experience
- Their teaching philosophy
- The curriculum
- Their expectations
- How well they communicate and engage
We encourage our students to take the opportunity to experience different teachers at the School. We find this benefits everyone.
Is Imperial Artistry a Registered Provider with the NSW Creative Kids Program?
Yes, and your $100 voucher can be used at anytime during the calendar year it was issued.